Sorry for the lax blogging, as the title of this post suggests, I’ve been busy. I’ve also been tired. I’ve also been on holidays. Consequently my poor little blog has suffered terribly. I suspect my readers have therefore been spared considerable suffering, but since this blog is really here to give outlet to my personal opinions and to help me practice writing well (something I think we can all agree I need rather badly), I don’t really care about that. I have nothing at all to say, so I thought I’d participate in Jon’s little iPod game for fun. Here’s today’s random 10:
1. Going Down/Love in an Elevator – Aerosmith
2. Sympathy for the Devil – The Rolling Stones
3. #41 – Dave Matthews Band
4. Under Pressure – Queen
5. My Favorite Mistake – Sheryl Crow
6. Suspicion – Okay, I have no idea who wrote or performed this song, and I’ve never heard it before. I had no idea it was in my iTunes or where it came from.
7. The Luxury – The Tragically Hip
8. Driving South – Jimi Hendrix
9. Glad All Over – The Beatles
10. Traveling With the Experience – Jimi Hendrix
Setting aside the Suspicion thing (where the hell did that song come from??), I must say that my list kicks Jon’s list’s ass. Can I say “Jon’s list’s” and not cause people to fall into a grammatical coma? But really, the Stones, the Beatles, DMB, Queen, Hendrix…my taste rules. Even Sheryl Crow and Aerosmith are legitimate picks I think. And just in case you think I got random lucky, here’s the top ten from my 25 Most Played:
1. Stone Cold Crazy – Queen
2. Don’t Panic – Coldplay
3. The Hounds of Winter – Sting
4. One of These Things First – Nick Drake
5. Hurts to Love – The Philosopher Kings
6. Caring is Creepy – The Shins
7. The Only Living Boy in New York – Simon & Garfunkel
8. Fields of Gold – Sting
9. Shape of My Heart – Sting
10. T.N.T. – AC/DC
Not bad at all if I do say so. Though I’m not sure how T.N.T. made #10. It’s a good rock anthem, like all AC/DC, but I don’t remember listening to it on my iPod…well, ever now that I think of it. Odd.
There you go, some more random nonsense to tide you all over until my next brilliant post. Cheers.