James McGrath tagged me on an intriguing meme. The idea is to list 10 random beliefs that I hold. It’s tougher than it sounds, but here’s my try.
1. I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.
2. I believe in one holy and catholic Church.
3. I believe that reality is an awful lot bigger than we are able to imagine or access.
4. I believe that all human knowledge is conditioned and situated.
5. I believe in my family.
6. I believe that my wife is the best person I know.
7. I believe that language is beautiful.
8. I believe that the Bible is the Word of God…though I’m not always sure what that means.
9. I believe that music has universal power.
10. When it comes to food, I’m an idealist.
There you are. No tagging though. As I always say, this is where memes come to die.